Today’s “card” isn’t technically a card, but no one is likely to complain because it includes CHOCOLATE. And if you live near a Dillons or Kroger store, you might still be able to get the bags of Dove chocolates on sale—2 for $6! The true challenge of this project is getting the ornaments made before you eat all of the chocolate.
So here is Christmas card #5: Chocolate Ornaments
Supplies Needed (and Used)
Light brown—1 ¾ x 6 (Stampin’ Up Crumb Cake)
Dark blue—1 ½” scallop; 1 ½” circle (Stampin’ Up Not Quite Navy)
Cream—1 ½” scallop; 1” circle (Very Vanilla)
Dark blue with snowflakes—1 ½ x 6 (My Mind’s Eye)
Dark blue (Not Quite Navy)
Snowflake (Stampin’ Up Patterned Pines)
“Happy Holidays” (Stampin Up)
Other Supplies: green brush marker; circle and scallop punches; gold cord (7”); pink brad; Sakura clear stardust pen (can you tell I LOVE this thing?); adhesive; paper piercer or small hole punch; pink brad; 2 Dove chocolate squares
How to Make
- Use tape or glue dot to adhere two chocolate squares—flat sides together.
- Adhere patterned paper to center of cardstock.
- Pierce or punch 2 small holes in the center of the paper strip (through both the patterned paper and cardstock) 1” from each end.
- Stamp snowflake on cream cardstock and punch out scallop. Trace as desired with stardust pen.
- Adhere cream scallop to 1 ½” blue circle. Pierce or punch a small hole in the center of the snowflake.
- Bend paper strip around the chocolate pieces and put the brad through the snowflake and both holes in the paper strip. This should secure the chocolate tightly enough that it does not fall out, but loosely enough that you can remove the chocolate without damaging the ornament.
- Apply dark blue ink to “Happy Holidays” stamp. Use a rag or tissue to wipe ink off of tree (in center of stamp), and color tree with green brush marker. “Huff” on the stamp and stamp onto cream paper.
- Cut out “Happy Holidays” stamped image with 1” circle punch. Adhere to dark blue scallop.
- Use glue dots (or other strong adhesive) to attach layered circle to other side of ornament, covering the back of the brad.
- Thread cord through ornament, in the space above the chocolate. Pull up around the brad and tie together at the top.
*You can make a similar ornament using mini Hershey’s bars. And this website has the measurements you need to make a box that will hold three Dove chocolate squares.